No products in the cart.
What is brainwave entrainment?
It is a well-known fact that our brains are electro-chemical organs, made up of billions of neurons which communicate with each other by sending electrical signals. When examined by medical equipment like electroencephalographs (ECG), brain activity is displayed graphically in wavelike patterns, which are called brainwaves.
Although the different frequencies of brainwaves are not always clear-cut, there are gradations within each category, or the categories are often intermixed, basically there are 5 general categories of brainwaves.
The 5 brainwave states
- Gamma: 40 Hz - 100 Hz
- Beta: 12 Hz - 40 Hz
- Alpha: 8 Hz to 12 Hz
- Theta: 4 Hz to 8 Hz
- Delta: 1 Hz to 4 Hz
Gamma is associated with compassion, empathy, decision making under stress, higher brain functioning and processes, influences sensory organization processing and integration. believed to strongly influence the organization and interpretation of sensory data.
Believed to have a strong impact on social consciousness and right and wrong. Enhanced self awareness and insight. Gamma frequencies are found naturally in higher amounts in long term practitioners of various forms of meditation. Believed to enhance the ability to achieve goals. Improves clarity of thought and believed to improve intuition.
These are the waves that our brains generate when we are wide awake, active and engaged in mental activity, usually involving more the left hemisphere, which is the rational, reality-oriented hemisphere of our brain. When beta wave activity becomes very intense, in actuality, our brain hemispheres become less synchronized in their functioning.
Some useful Beta Frequencies
- 12 Hz to 40 Hz Normal wakefulness
- 33 Hz Christ consciousness, hypersensitivity, Pyramid frequency (inside)
- 35 Hz Awakening of mid-chakras, balance of chakras
- 38 Hz Endorphin release
These are lower frequency waves, which are generated when we are in a relaxed state and not actively engaged in rigorous mental, problem-solving or task-executing activity. For example, when we are executing routine tasks, like taking a shower, putting on makeup, doing light housework, we are usually in alpha waves. Our thoughts are really not concentrated and our minds wonder freely. When we are engaged in relaxing activities, or when we are meditating, we are usually generating alpha waves.
When in an alpha state, a person is more receptive to suggestions, since beta activity, with its reality-checking orientation is no longer in charge. Creativity, and creative visualization can be facilitated by alpha waves. Our brain hemispheres become naturally synchronized, or in-phase with each other.
Some useful Alpha Frequencies
- 8 Hz to 12 Hz Alpha: relaxed, tranquil and non-drowsy, inward awareness,
- 8.3 Hz Pick up visual images of mental objects
- 10 Hz Enhanced release of serotonin and mood elevator
- 10.5 Hz Healing of body, mind/body unity, fire-walking
The frequency of these waves is even lower resulting in deeper relaxation, and sometimes trance-like states, where the mind feels as though it may have gone to sleep although it hasn’t. Prolonged daydreaming, or meditation can induce this low-frequency brain activity, during which an apparent loss of time may be experienced, or the person might say that he had lost touch with the real, material world and was elsewhere.
Theta waves are also conducive to visualization and creativity and the mind in this very relaxed state is even more receptive to suggestion and hypnosis. Here, too, our brain hemispheres are synchronized and we experience whole brain functioning.
Artists, inventors and children usually have high levels of theta brainwaves, which enables them to have a deeper connection with their emotions and to think more creatively than the average person. We can experience these advantages when we train our brains to produce more theta brainwaves. We’ll also have stronger intuition and have long term memory improvements. With more theta brainwaves, we become able to be in the zone and hyper-focus when necessary.
Some useful Theta Frequencies
- 4 Hz to 8 Hz Theta: recall, fantasy, imagery, creativity, planning, dreaming
- 4 Hz Extrasensory perception
- 6.3 Hz Astral Projection, Accelerated learning & Increased memory retention
- 7.83 Hz Schumann Resonance
This is the slowest band of waves that our brains produce and they occur when we are in deep, dreamless sleep. These waves are very beneficial for the body which restores and heals itself when in this state. The benefits of delta brainwaves include:
- Youthfulness and good health. Anti-aging hormones, including melatonin and DHEA, are released when you produce delta brainwaves. Human growth hormone (HGH) is another anti-aging hormone that is increased when delta brainwaves are occurring inside the brain, due to the stimulation of the pituitary gland. HGH maintains the skin, bone density, cartilage, and the joints in your body as well as speeds up the healing process of joint and cartilage injuries. Also, aging hormones such as cortisol (a hormone that’s released when you’re stressed) are reduced. You’ll heal faster after a hard workout and feel revived after a hard day with a boost of delta brainwaves. Your immune system will be stronger, as well.
- Better emotional health. When you experience delta brainwaves, you gain interpersonal skills – you’re better able to understand how other people are feeling and increase your empathy skills. If you practice deep mediation, you’ll get increased delta brainwaves and experience periods of bliss.
- Stronger connection with oneself and the spiritual world. You’ll be able to connect with your unconscious mind and increase your ability to listen to your intuition with increased delta brainwaves. Many people have reported paranormal experiences, including out of body experiences, connections with spiritual guides, and other spiritual episodes when their brains are producing delta brainwaves. Spiritual gurus use delta brainwaves to connect with a universal life energy and a Higher Power.
Some useful Delta Frequencies
- 1 Hz to 4 Hz Delta: deep, dreamless sleep, trance state, non-REM sleep
- 1.0 Hz Feeling of well-being, pituitary stimulation to release growth hormone
- 3.4 Hz Sound sleep
- 3.5 Hz Feeling of unity with everything
How brainwave entrainment works
The primary function of brainwave entrainment audio is to help TUNE the brainwave rhythms of the person to specific states. Brain science and EEG research dating back over 100 years has shown that specific brain rhythms are associated with specific emotional and cognitive outcomes. For example; it is known that when a dominant brainwave pattern or rhythm has a frequency of 10 cycles per second, it is very likely that the brain will produce the positive brain chemical serotonin. Serotonin is has a powerful effect on mood and increases sense of well being. This is only one example of 1000’s of possibilities.
Useful link – Studies on brainwave entrainment
Brainwave Entrainment is based upon the discovery by a Dutch scientist named Christian Huygens in 1665. Huygens observed that when a number of clocks were put in a room, the pendulums would eventually all synchronize with one another’s rhythm, no matter how intentionally off rhythm they were started. He called this tendency to synchronize entrainment. This natural entrainment was so precise that even alignment with the most advanced machines could not get them synchronized as well.
The human brain also follows the same kind of entrainment response, responding to rhythmic outside stimuli (for example drumming), shifting brainwaves until they moves into synchronization.
Brainwave Entrainment technologies capitalize on this Frequency Following Response (FFR) to help guide the listener into a more desirable state. Specifically, brainwave entrainment audios exerts its positive effects by offering specialized audio frequencies to the ears and skull that encourage the brains internal patterns and rhythms to match and then follow the frequencies in the audio.
The Frequency Following response is a natural phenomena that occurs when the right frequencies are heard. Using this natural phenomena combined with advanced audio processing technology and over 100 years of brain research, we are able to create brainwave entrainment audios to help tune and optimize the brain for an unlimited amount of possibilities.
Benefits of brainwave entrainment
Brainwave entrainment comes in many varieties, colors and flavours and can be created for general purposes such as relaxation, to very specific purposes such as increasing verbal skills. There are however, some common benefits that most brainwave entrainment audios have in common. Here they are:
- New neural pathway growth and increase in brain power
- Balancing of the brain’s electrical activity and whole brain functioning
- Improved memory
- Balancing of Emotions
- Mozart effect benefits multiplied
- Regulation of sleep cycles
- Positive brain chemical release such as DHEA and Serotonin
- Mood elevation
Long term benefits of using brainwave entrainment
Brainwave entrainment increases your brain’s processing power
Listening to brainwave entrainment builds new neural pathways which encourages the growth of special fibers within the brain.
As these new fibers grow, they increase the surface area available for receiving incoming information. The more of these fibers the brain has, the quicker it can process information. Think of it as bodybuilding for the brain!
Brainwave entrainment can counteract the effects of aging
The more you listen to brainwave entrainment, and the more new fibers your brain will develop. This makes the brain stronger and allows it to operate at its full potential rather than just a portion of it. This can counteract the debilitating effects of aging.
Brainwave entrainment helps you reach extraordinary levels of performance
One of the major benefits of brainwave entrainment is the balancing of the brain’s electrical activity or whole brain functioning.
As various parts of your brain start to work together, neural pathways begin to fire more rapidly. Once the brain is operating at this higher level of functioning, you become more aware, alert, and conscious. You create a new and improved perception of reality.
You have a better long term memory, reduced stress and pain, and improved sleep. You are more free-thinking, creative, inspirational, intuitive …and less easily manipulated.
Research has shown that the most successful and advanced individuals in the world, regardless of their expertise – art, sports, business, science, spirituality, etc. – all show a high degree of whole-brain functioning.
Is brainwave entrainment safe?
Brainwave entrainment audio technology works by stimulating and enhancing specific types of brainwave activity that produces cognitive and emotional enhancements. During this process your brain will produce more desirable types of Neuro-chemicals and less of the undesirable ones. In other words you’ll feel better more often.
Your brain will also experience an increase in blood flow, increased production of NEW neural pathways, axon and dendrite growth. These are all extremely valuable things, however there are certain pre-existing conditions that should they exist must be considered before using our programs:
Those meeting any of the following conditions, whether knowingly or not, should not use our audios:
- Pregnant women
- Those who are wearing a pacemaker
- Those prone to seizures
- Those who are photosensitive
- Those who are sensitive to auditory stimulation
- Individuals under the influence of medication or drugs should consult a physician before using these products.
- Children and adolescents should be examined by a physician for epilepsy or other illnesses that could contribute to seizures of any kind prior to using these audios.
- Do not use our audios while under the influence of alcohol or mood altering substances regardless of their legality.
- Do not use any of the audios while driving or operating machinery.
Please read our health disclaimer before using our audios.
The user of our brainwave entrainment technology agrees that they are for designed solely for self-improvement, learning, and relaxation. These audios are not intended as a replacement for medical or psychological treatment. No medical claims are intended express or implied.
The user of these audios assumes all risks in using our audios, waiving any claims against Harmony Mixer and Harmony Mp3 for all mental or physical injuries.
The user also assumes liability when allowing other persons to use, hear our technology whether the user is knowingly or unknowing allowing access to our technology.
We are always testing and improving our technology used to create our products.
It is important to know that there is no guarantee that these audios will produce the same kind of brainwave change that occurred with our test subjects.
Is also important to understand that everyone is different and not everyone will have the same experiences with this technology. Results vary based on many known and unknown factors and you should not expect to receive the similar result as our test subjects, the people in our experiments or the people that submit testimonials.
You are unique and thus your experience with my technology and products will likely be unique